American Football League
The NFL confronted competition from any other adversary in 1960, when the American Football League, upheld by Texas extremely prosperous man or woman Lamar Hunt, treated agencies in eight city areas, three of them in coordinate rivalry with NFL establishments. A TV contract with NBC gave the American Football League a cash associated safety none of its forerunners had, and the NFL and American Football League consented to a merger in 1966, completed in 1970 with 26 golf equipment in two gatherings. The pass-situated AFL conveyed greater strength to trained football, and the amusement’s most superb player, the New York Jets’ quarterback Joe Namath. Out of the merger moreover came the Super Bowl, which quickly became into the absolute most frequent and profitable of every brandishing occasion in the United States. The Super Bowl became into a noteworthy urban custom, as famous for its encompassing hoopla and million-dollar advertisements with recognize to the soccer games.
The Most Valuable Player’s of American Football League
- Abner Haynes, he was conceived on September 19, 1937, in Texas. He was a previous expert American Football League.
- George Bland , he was conceived on September 17, 1927 in He was an American Football placekicker. He always played professionally in the American Football League.
- Carlton Chester Gilchrist, he was professional American football player. He was conceived. on May 25, 1935,in United States. He always played professionally in the American Football League.
- Len Dawson, was previous American soccer quarterback. He was conceived on June 20, 1935, in United States.
- Lance Allworth, he was conceived August 3, 1940 in United States. He used to be a broad receiver for the San Diego Chargers of the American Football League .
- Tobin Rote, he was conceived on January 18, 1928,in United States. He was called Lions of the National Football League. He always played professionally in the American Football League.
- Clem Daniels, he was conceived on July 9, 1937,in United States. He was professional American Football League player . He was the Football star in American Football League.
- Gino Cappelletti , he was conceived on March 26, 1934.He always played professionally in the American Football League.
- Paul Lowe, he was conceived on September 27, 1935. He was a previous expert American Football League.
American Football League Basic Rules
There are 11 players from every group on area at any one time.
Timing Of The Game
- 15min sudden-death additional time if rankings are tied.
- Twelve min half-time
- 3 time-outs per 1/2for every team
- 4 , 15min quarters
Downs of American Football League
Downs are the most critical section of National Football League play. The offensive crew strikes the ball ahead in sections of at least ten yards. They have 4 possibilities to reap these 10 yards. Each time the ball is superior at least ten yards inside their four chances, some other first down is earned, with four more probabilities to go a further ten yards.
Scoring of American Football League
- An extra factor is earned with the aid of kicking the ball through the uprights after a touchdown.
- A touchdown is worth 6 focuses, and is scored when a team crosses the resistance’s objective line with the ball.
- The field objective is worth 3 focuses. The field targets are generally endeavored on fourth down if the kicker is sufficiently shut to the stop sector to kick the ball through the posts.
Wining of American Football League
The cause of American soccer is to cross the ball nearer to the opposition’s quit zone and in the quit into their supply up region.
This is carried out by using both going for walks with the ball till tackled, or throwing the ball down subject to a team mate.
All-star games of American Football League
American Football League did not play an All-Star diversion after it’s initially season in 1960. Top pick groups from the Eastern and Western divisions played each other after each season aside from 1965.
American Football Team Championship Games
|Date||Year||Mvp||Name of winning team||Name of losing team||Score|
|January 1||1960||Billy Cannon||Houston Oilers||Los Angeles Chargers||24–16|
|December 24||1961||Billy Cannon||Houston Oilers||San Diego Chargers||10–3|
|December 23||1962||Jack Spikes||Dallas Texans||Houston Oilers||20–17|
|January 5||1963||Keith Lincoln||San Diego Chargers||Boston Patriots||
|December 26||1964||Jack Kemp||Buffalo Bills||San Diego Chargers||20–7|
|December 26||1965||Jack Kemp||Buffalo Bills||San Diego Chargers||23–0|
|January 1||1966||Len Dawson||Kansas City||Buffalo Bills||31–7|
|December 31||1967||Daryle Lamonic||Oakland Raiders||Houston Oilers||40–7|
|December 29||1968||Joe Namath||New York Jets||Oakland Raiders||27–23|
|January 4||1969||Otis Taylor||Kansas City Chiefs||Oakland Raiders||17–7|
Rookies Of American Football League
|ABNER HAYNES||1960||Dallas Texans|
|EARL FAISON||1961||San Diego Chargers|
|CURTIS McClinton||1962||Dallas Texans|
|BILLY JOE||1963||Denver Broncos|
|MATT SNELL||1964||New York Jets|
|JOE NAMATH||1965||New York Jets|
|BOBBY BURNETT||1966||Buffalo Bills|
|GEORGE WEBSTER||1967||Houston Oilers|
|DICKIE POST||1967||San Diego Chargers|
|PAUL ROBINSON||1968||Cincinnati Bengals|
|GREG COOK||1969||Cincinnati Bengals|
|CARL GARRETT||1969||Cincinnati Bengals|
Officials List of American Football League
- Bob Austin
- James Barnhill
- Bob Bauru
- Peppy Blount
- Harold Bourne
- Gilbert Castries
- Art Demas
- Al Conway
- Clyde Devine
- Ray Dozed
- Ben Reith
- Dick Eichhorst
- George Ellis
- Bob Finley
- Walt Fitzgerald
- John Fouch
- Kenny Gallagher
- Hugh Gamber
- Fritz Graf
- Gerald Hart
- Mel Hein
- Al Huetter
- Elvin Hutchison
- Cal Lepore
- Joe Kraus
- Frank Kirkland
- Bill Kestermeier
- Harry Kessel
- Hunter Jackson
- Leo Miles
- Carl Mellinger
- George McGuane
- John McDonough
- Jack McLain
- Bo McAllister
- Pat Mallette
- Charles Liley
- George Parker
- Charlie Musser
- John Morrow
- Tommy Miller
The American Football League remains as the main expert football association to viably contend towards the National Football League.